The lovely Sharon Howard over at A Day In The Life of a Busy Gal bestowed the Versatile Blogger Award upon me this morning. It’s the first time I’ve received this award and I’m honored she thought of me.
Sharon is an inspirational spirit with an ocean of courage and determination. I applaud her for tackling the issues before her with her head held high.
The award requires that I (i) list 7 unknown things about me (don’t really like this part because I think of myself as a very boring person), and (ii) give the award to 15 other versatile bloggers. This one is going to be difficult because I would like to find 15 bloggers I haven’t given any awards to before.
I’ve decided to answer the 7 ‘me’ questions, and then start going through all my new followers who are participating in my contest and award 15 of those new peeps with the Versatile Blogger award. Maybe one of them will also receive my own blog award: The Chain Story Blogger Award.
Happy Writing and good luck to all the participating YA authors (and anyone else who wants to have some fun writing!)
7 things you used to not know about me:
1. I was 16 years old when I completed my very first novel. It was titled “One Night With You” and was a fictitious love story between me and Elvis Presley during the mid to late ’50s.
2. Said novel mentioned in #1 was ripped to shreds during an argument. I never revisited it.
3. I won 3rd place in a beauty pageant when I was 15 years old. I still have the trophy.
4. My first car was a pastel yellow 1966 Ford Mustang. Pony interior, 302 engine. I should have never sold it.
5. I wanted to be a veterinarian all of my life but Chemistry kicked my butt in college.
6. I have almond-shaped blue eyes and brown hair. Stop…reverse that. It sounds like my hair is almond-shaped, too. 🙂 I know, always editing.
7. I love to glass paint though I have yet to perfect the art. It’s just fun.
11 thoughts on “I can feel the love”
Oooo. Painting glass looks like fun. Problem is, where the heck do you put it all when you’re done!
Congratulaitons on the new award!
Congrats on your award! 🙂
In the spirit of the campaign, I’m passing a little game to you . . . Tag! You’re It!
See the details here: http://cbwentworth.wordpress.com/2012/02/17/11-questions-tag-youre-it/
Let me know if you’re game and leave a link! 🙂
It’s all outside work. I have known people who worked on the inside but I’m lucky to get paint to stick to the outside. 🙂
How do you glass paint? Oh that manuscript sounded pretty cool. Sorry to here it got destroyed. But I bet you’ve got an even better one. 🙂
Congrats on the award too!
I posted two pics beneath #7. I painted the one on the left. I dream of someday being able to paint like the one on the right. 🙂
Wow that’s so pretty. Do you paint the inside or the outside? I’ve never known anyone who worked with glass. That is really neat. 🙂
Enjoying getting to know you. Great stuff!!
I loved Elvis. Still do. I visited the Rock-n-Roll Museum last summer in Memphis and it’s filled with memorabilia from the King. This was a fun post to read.
I still adore him. When I’m really upset, I put on any of his music and my soul is soothed. I am blessed I got to see him 3 times in concert before he died.
Elvis Presley, Hm? You have taste, my dear. 🙂
Congrats to you!!