I’ve seen this game all over the blogosphere but have never had a chance to play it until now, thanks to the fantastic and wonderful, C.B. Wentworth. I met her through the Writers Platform-Builder Campaign at Rachael Harrie’s blog.
The idea is to answer the sender’s 11 questions, then come up with your own 11 questions and pass them along to 11 bloggers. They in turn answer your questions and link back to your site when done. Fun, I know, right?
So here are C.B.’s questions to me:
1) What book have you always wanted to read, but still haven’t gotten around to it?
easy, The Scorpio Races.
2) What classic book do you feel is overrated? Why?
Moby Dick. While it had its moments of excitement, Melville’s prose tended to put me to sleep more than it encouraged me to read on. I found it boring and I believe Melville stopped the story before it got interesting. Even though it was written based on the true story of the ship Essex, I found more excitement in Jules Verne’s 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.
3) What is your favorite movie adaptation of a book? Least favorite?
Wow, this is a toughie because I generally don’t think any film lives up to the books they are derived from. I’d have to narrow it down these three: The Lord of the Rings trilogy, The Thorn Birds and Holes.
My least favorite: hmm, it’s a toss up: Starship Troopers or Eragon? They butchered both. If I ‘d never read the books, then I’d probably like the movies, but having read them before seeing the movies…complete let down.
4) Where is your favorite place to write?
Outside. I live in Florida so being outside on the beach or under a shade tree, feeling the warm, gentle breezes…ah, heaven. I also like being in the mountains and writing, but I don’t get there often enough.
5) Pen or pencil?
It doesn’t matter. I can’t read half the stuff I write. LOL! that’s why I love my laptop.
6) What was your favorite toy as a child?
I had a little brown and yellow stuffed teddy bear named Pokey. I carried him with me everywhere.
7) What is the greatest accomplishment of your life?
my four kids. They are spectacular human beings and I brought them into this world. I wouldn’t change that for all the gold in the world. The world is a better place because of them.
8) If you could wake up tomorrow having gained any one ability or quality, what would it be?
Invisibility and saintly patience.
9) What are five songs you hate to admit you love?
Yellow Submarine, Puff the Magic Dragon (hey, it’s about a dragon, ok? 🙂 ), Beep Beep (while riding in my Cadillac, what to my surprise…), The Purple People Eater, and Mississippi Squirrel Revival.
10) Where is your dream destination, (or place you’ve always wanted to go)?
11) What are the top five things on your bucket list?
Have my novel published by a real publisher, see the Grand Canyon, visit Vermont in the fall, eat Maine lobster until I can’t eat anymore, go on a cruise.
Now it’s time for my 11 questions to send out to my lovely bloggers:
1. What is your favorite board game?
2. If you could change one thing in your life, what would it be?
3. The world is going to end in 24 hours. How do you spend your last day on earth?
4. Would you stay with the one who loves you or go back to the one you love? (and no, they aren’t the same people)
5. Who is your favorite literary villain? Why?
6. If you could fly, what creature of flight would you be?
7. You’ve won a prestigious award for your novel. You will fall into literary exile if you don’t attend. Your contract will be stripped. No other agent or publisher will want you ever again. The award ceremony is the same night and same time as your child’s high school graduation ceremony. Which one do you go to?
8. You’ve been abducted by a literary guild of intergalactic aliens. The only way you can go home is if you write a logline about your life. What is your logline?
9. Favorite book as a child? As an adult?
10. You’ve been told your book is going to be made into a movie? What’s the first thing you do?
11. What is your happiest memory?
Tag! You’re It recipients. If you participate, please make sure you leave a link back to where you answered my questions.
1. Julie Reece
2. Emi Gayle
5. Brinda Berry
10. Jocelyn Adams
11. Gene Lempp