I saw on the local news this morning that a 34-year old mom killed her two kids, ages 5 and 9, then hung herself from a fan in a bedroom with an electrical chord.
What possesses a parent to kill their children? In this case, it’s not postpartum depression The kids are too old. Obviously the mom wasn’t ‘well’, but how can a parent, especially a mom, look at her kids and kill them? There is no way I could harm my kids, much less kill them. Sure, maybe there were times I yelled at them when I shouldn’t have. I know I wasn’t the best mom in the world all the time and some psychologist somewhere will probably say I damaged my kids in some way, shape or form, but I love my kids. I would die to protect my kids.
What are your thoughts? What is with the latest trend of moms killing their kids? Sorry for the morbid thought but I actually started a fantasy novel a while back with this as a plot line, but couldn’t finish it because I couldn’t wrap my head around the mom actually killing her kid. What would possess a parent to do something so horrific?
I would love you hear your comments.
- Parents killing their children is a relatively common crime (sacbee.com)
- Why Moms Kill Their Own Children (fox2now.com)
- Ill women think they are saving kids, experts say (stltoday.com)
- Postpartum Syndrome Blamed in Infant’s Killing (blogs.lawyers.com)
- Police: Jefferson County mom sent ‘goodbye’ email before killing 3 daughters, herself (stltoday.com)