A few days ago, the lovely Victoria at Victoria-writes honored me with the Liebster Blog Award. Thank you, Victoria. For those of you who aren’t familiar with the award, here’s how Liebster works:
- I list 11 random facts about myself.
- I’ll answer the 11 questions asked of me by the person who nominated me.
- I will then nominate my 11 picks for the award, along with my 11 questions for them to answer when they post a response.
- If you’re nominated, your name/link will appear at the bottom of this post along with the questions I come up with.
- Follow the same format; paste the award badge to your blog, give us 11 random facts about yourself, answer my 11 questions, and choose your nominees…but you cannot nominate the blog who nominated you.
I’m going to break the rules a bit and pop these out to all followers of my blog, You are under no obligation to participate, but if you do, please ping back to my blog so we can learn more about you.
Here are the questions Victoria asked me. I hope I don’t bore you. 🙂
- What made you want to be a writer?
I’ve always wanted to be a writer. I always loved making up stories and weaving tall tales. It was and is my way to escape reality. I find it’s better on my body and soul that drugs and alcohol.
- Where do you find the inspiration for your writing?
Everywhere. In the breeze, listening to conversations, watching, reading, singing. Inspiration is everywhere. All we need to do is open our eyes and ears.
- What are your goals for 2013?
Get a publishing contract for my YA novel, finish the second in the series. Write a few more shorts and have them published. Find a job. Find my inner peace and joy.
- What’s your favourite quote?
I have so many. The first one that pops in my head is “Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.” ~ Dr. Seuss
- Where in the world would you most like to visit?
Ireland/Scotland. I also want to go back to Neuschwanstein. I have a strange calling to return to that castle. It’s a deep in my gut calling. I also want to go to Italy.
- What five things would you take to a desert island?
a yacht full of fuel. champagne and orange juice (gotta have mimosas), laptop, friends & family, my pups.
- What is your biggest strength and your biggest weakness?
I’m a huge champion for others. I’m not a huge champion of myself.
- If you could met one author, who would you choose?
Wow. Ummm, toss up. John Green or Cassandra Clare? If Ayn Rand were alive, I’d pick her, too.
- What’s your favourite film?
Oh, I have so many. My Fair Lady ranks right up there at the top with While You Were Sleeping, and It’s a Wonderful Life.
- If you went into The Hunger Games, what would be your most useful skill?
hiding. I’m not big on confrontation. My family tells me I have a knack for disappearing.
- Which fictional male would you most like to marry?
If you’d asked me that question when I was ten, it would be Frank Hardy from the Hardy Boy mysteries. Now, I could totally go for Mangus in my Chronicles of Fallhollow series. I’m also very enamored with Caleb in Raymond Feist’s Midkemia novels.
I liked these questions so much, I’m passing them on to each of you. Thanks for playing and don’t forget to link back!!
- The Liebster Award (victoria-writes.com)
- The Liebster Award – Thanks And Nominations (shras789.wordpress.com)
- “The Award Goes To………” My Nominations for the Liebster Award (satanicmagic.wordpress.com)