In celebration of the January 24 release of 18 THINGS by my dear blogger buddy, Jamie Ayres, I’m participating in her What are your 18 Things blog tour where we have to write down 1 – 18 things on our bucket list. There are all kinds of goodies and giveaways involved, so I hope you pop over to participate.
What are some fun, heart-pumping, poignant, or inspirational things I want to do?
- Get a publishing contract for my Chronicles of Fallhollow trilogy
- See New England in the Fall
- Visit the Grand Canyon
- Travel to Italy, Scotland and Ireland. Then travel the rest of the world.
- Buy a beautiful beach house and a beautiful mountain cabin.
- Surround myself with friends and family in my beach house and mountain cabin.
- Meet all my blog buddies
- Find the utmost peace and contentment within myself.
- Be genuinely happy.
- Make tons of money so I can donate substantial amounts of it to charities and organizations that mean a lot to me.
- Visit Seattle to see my daughter and grand-daughter.
- <See all the plays/movies my other daughter designed costumes for.
- <To be the best mom, grandma, and friend I can be.
- Do whatever I can to help my kids succeed and be happy in life.
- Hire a maid.
- Go on a cruise.
There are tons more, but I’m going to stop here. What are your 18 THINGS? Hop on over to Jamie’s blog and check out what other blog hoppers have on their bucket lists.
Want to know more about 18 Things? Keep reading.
Can eighteen things save a life?
Olga Gay Worontzoff thinks her biggest problems are an awful name (after her grandmothers of course) and not attending prom with Conner, her best friend and secret crush since kindergarten.
Then Conner is killed in a freak boating accident and Olga feels responsible. When she downs an entire bottle of pills to deal with the emotional pain, her parents force her into counseling. There, her therapist writes a prescription in the form of a life list titled 18 Things. Eighteen quests to complete the year of her eighteenth birthday.
All she has to do is fire-walk, try out for the cheerleading squad, break a world record, and err . . . go on her first date. Good thing Nate, a new hottie in town, enters her life with perfect timing. He brings the fun factor to her list and helps her discover the beauty and strength inside herself, then complicates things by falling in love with her.
Just as she’s finally embracing the joys of living life for the moment, her therapist reveals a terrifying secret and Olga’s world is shaken. In the past year it took eighteen remarkable things to change a life, but nothing she believed about her mission is true.
Now she doesn’t just risk losing her true soul-mate forever, she risks losing her very soul.
About Jamie: Jamie Ayres writes young adult paranormal love stories by night and teaches very young adults as a public school teacher by day. When not at home on her laptop or at school, she can often be found at a local book store grabbing random children and reading to them. So far, she has not been arrested for this. She lives in southwest Florida with her prince charming, two children (sometimes three based on how Mr. Ayres is acting), and a basset hound. She spent her youthful summers in Grand Haven, Michigan and this setting provided the inspiration for her debut novel, 18 Things. She really does have grandmothers named Olga and Gay but unlike her heroine, she’s thankfully not named after either one of them. She loves lazy pajama days, the first page of a good book, stupid funny movies, and sharing stories with fantastic people like you.
- Review: 1250 Ideas for Your Bucket List (booksnlibraries.wordpress.com)
- More Than A Bucket List (notesfromdawn.wordpress.com)
- The Grand Canyon (theveganpennypincher.wordpress.com)
- What Are Your 18 Things Blogfest (jamieayres.com)