Well, what do you know. We survived the End of the World and in a few short hours (for those of us in the U.S.), we will leave 2012 behind (good riddance, I say) and ring in a new year. I beseech God and the Universe to make this coming year (despite its superstitious number) to be full of happiness, prosperity and good will.
For those familiar with Chinese astrology, 2013 is the Year of the Snake. While the snake is usually associated with venom, danger and death, many believe the Year of the Snake will bring prosperity and peace. We could all use a bit more of both.
I have a few resolutions this year, and as writing them down and throwing them out to the universe seems to bring the changes and events we seek, here are a few of my ‘will do’s’ for 2013:
- Sign a publishing contract for my novel, In the Shadow of the Dragon King
- Visit my daughter in North Carolina in April
- Visit my daughter and grand-daughter in Seattle in the Spring
- Watch my youngest graduate High School in June
- Lose *clears throat* amount of weight and keep it off
- Grow more in touch with my spiritual side
- Laugh more, cry less
- Find a full-time job making good money
- Start a new life for a new me and
- Stop writing ‘disappointing’ short stories and write ones that wow
For all of you out there, thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate every one of you. Thank you for making this year an absolute delight.
So, what are you guys up to tonight? What are your plans for the New Year? Whatever you do, stay safe, don’t drink and drive and I’ll ‘see’ you back here after the first of the year!
- 2013 Chinese New Year of the Lucky Black Water Snake (poetryman69.typepad.com)
- Reluctant Reflections and Non-Resolutions (bohemianopus.wordpress.com)
- 2013 : Year of the Water Snake (aliwanavenue.com)