I must be crazy, off my rocker, completely bonkers to want to do this insanity again, but here I am, committing to 50,000 words in 30 days.
I realized in the wee hours of the morning I have to do this. There are too many stories I’ve started and haven’t finished. Too many dreams hanging around on my computer and I’ve been too darn lazy to finish any of them. I need motivation. I need a quick kick in the keister. I need to set a goal and stick with it. No more dilly dallying about.
So, I’m restarting my 2nd novel in the Chronicles of Fallhollow series all over again as the first version really kind of sucked except for a few passages that I will reuse. It’s also inspired me to finish the edits on book one and finish book 3. I HAVE to do this. God help me.
What about you? Are you participating in this year’s torture trial for writers? If so, what’s your profile name? I’m Slavandria (named after the sorceress in my Fallhollow trilogy). Maybe we can connect and encourage each other to finish our blasted novels.
- NaNoWriMo – Day 1 (chyrondave.wordpress.com)
- The Pros and Cons of NaNoWriMo (onewaytowonder.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo – Have I Lost my Mojo? (melindamcguirewrites.wordpress.com)
- Got all your ideas for NaNoWriMo? (wheredoyougetyourideas.net)
- I’ve got the NaNoWriMo jitters. Bad. (writeaubreywrite.wordpress.com)