In approximately 12 days, writers everywhere will embrace NaNoWriMo. The internet is alive with chatter like the following:
- “Are you going to participate this year?”
- “Do you have an idea in mind?”
- “I’m going to lock myself in a cabin for a month so I can write a book. What about you?”
- “I like to outline my novel before I start NaNoWriMo. What is your approach?”
- “What foods do you eat during NaNoWriMo?”
I tried NaNo last year, but didn’t reach the required 50,000 words. I’m not sure if I’ll do it this year. Perhaps I should. Maybe it would motivate me to complete my 2nd novel. Hmm. I still have 19 days to think about it.
In the meantime, I offer the following to all you NaNo writers out there. May the force be with you and may the odds be ever in your favor.