I didn’t think I could smile more than I did yesterday after seeing my name on the cover of the Make Believe anthology coming out in December 2012, but when I saw that the lovely and talented C.B. Wentworth nominated me for a Reader Appreciation Award, the beaming began all over again. I love her blog and admire her as an individual, so whenever she passes an award on to me, I feel very honored.
Isn’t it a beautiful, bright and sunny award? Thank you so much, C.B. for thinking of me.
In order to accept this award I need to do the following:
- List something you’ve been up to lately.
- Nominate 6 other blogs
That seems simple enough!
First, what I’ve been up to:
- I have been working on revisions for my short story, The Amulet of Ormisez, that will appear in the Make Believe anthology. I’m sure there will be more to come.
- I’ve been reading and taking notes on marketing because I can’t sell a lamp to a light bulb.
- I’m writing three novels at the moment and 2 short stories while popping over resumes for jobs. Would love to freelance write from home, but can’t seem to break into the business no matter how many proposals I send out.
- Gearing up to visit a dear friend of 28 years in Ft. Myers, FL in a couple of weeks. The week after that I’ll finally get to meet a blogger/beta and friend of mine and her family while enjoying a lovely day at Sea World in Orlando! I’m squealing over both trips. Can you hear me? 🙂
- I’m working with a good friend on designing a kick-butt website. It may be years before it’s ever at the level in my dreams, but I always dream big!
Six blogs who deserve this award:
Jennifer M. Eaton – this woman is a source of inspiration. She’s funny, her blog is brilliant, filled with great tidbits on writing, and she’s probably one of the nicest, most sincere people I know. Take a jump over to her blog and you’ll see what I mean.
Katy Upperman – aspiring young adult author, mom to a precious little girl and an Operative at YA Confidential! This lady is always upbeat and her blog is a delight to read. Her hubby is in the army and they were recently transplanted to California. Her stories and pictures of her road trip are priceless.
Lightning Droplets: I am addicted to the inspiring short stories. The prose is lovely, intriguing, and magical.
TBN Ranch – this lady is an inspiration to me. She runs a ranch and has the most beautiful chickens I’ve ever seen. She’s a fellow animal lover and advocate and she writes beautiful stories of her life in the southwest. I always look forward to her posts. Amy is on my list of ‘must meet bloggers’. Lovely person.
Be Not Afeard – I recently found this site and I’m glad I did. It’s a great blog for the aspiring writer with lovely articles, inspiration and personal journeys.
Wanton Creation: I love this guy. He makes me smile and he’s so willing to help others. I don’t think the male bloggers get the appreciation they deserve, but this guy gets me through my days. His goal to hit 12 novellas in a 12 months is awe-inspiring. Head on over his way and cheer him on!
Please visit all these wonderful blogs. You’ll be glad you did.
- A new system for reading short stories, and an outrageously ambitious reading project (robaroundbooks.com)