I normally don’t post two blogs in one day, but I had to post this one.
The wonderful and lovely Amy at The Literary Mom gave me a Kreative Blog Award today. Whoo Hoo!! *throws confetti* Thank you, Amy! I’m honored that you presented me with this award. I’m all giddy now.
As part of receiving this award, I have to (1): Share 10 things about myself that readers might find interesting, and (2) nominate 6 others for the blog award. So, here goes:
Ten things about me:
1. I was born in Neu Ulm, Germany, adopted by a US Army couple and grew up moving and traveling everywhere.
2. I’ve been writing stories ever since I could hold a crayon (or so it seems).
3. My short story, The Passing of Millie Hudson, was my first published short story.
4. I’ve worked as a retail clerk, data entry clerk, an administrative assistant, and most recently a paralegal.
5. I am the biggest animal lover in the world. I’d adopt every stray and every homeless four-legged creature if I could.
6. I was hugged and kissed on the neck by the oh-so-awesome Kevin Richardson of the Backstreet Boys on December 1, 1999 in Orlando, FL at a fan conference. I still have the newspaper article from the Orlando paper.
7. I can never eat enough lobster tail, king crab legs, shrimp and cheese cake. I’m addicted to vanilla and or chocolate flavored coffee (Godiva is to die for) and International Delight vanilla creamer. I love Martini and Rossi Asti Spumanti and Arizona Green Tea (but not together).
8. I love to travel. There are so many places on my bucket list to see. The Grand Canyon, Seattle, Washington and Vermont in the fall top the list.
9. My favorite book of all time is Great Expectations.
10. I hate any kind of creepy, crawly bug like roaches or crickets. I freak out and simply can’t kill them. The crunch they make sends shivers up my spine.
2. The lucky six bloggers to receive the award are:
1. Jennifer Eaton’s blog. She is an amazing author and I love her posts. This aspiring author has an amazing future ahead of her.
2. Kana Tyler. She’s a freelance writer, she’s funny and has some really insightful things to say.
3. Talin. Her blog is beautiful, and inspirational. She’s a writer who also loves to cook. She posts recipes all the time, all of them really, really good.
4. I cannot sing enough praises for this Commuting Girl’s writer’s site. Great posts and she’s as addicted to YA novels as I am.
5. Lori Freeland at http://www.lafreeland.com/. Lori is amazing and I’ve gotten a lot of great ideas from her site. She’s an author, inspirational writer, wife, and mother, among many other things. You can’t go wrong with her blog.
6. Brenda Drake. Brenda is always hosting contests and blogfests with agents, professional editors, etc. She has a huge following and her blog is fun and dynamic.
Emi Gayle: fantastic author and I love her book reviews.
11 thoughts on “Kreative Blogger Award!”
Thank you so much! Completely unexpected and a huge pick me up!
Congratulations! That is quite an honor. But do you have to write an acceptance speech? You need your own “red carpet” moment.
LOL! I do, don’t I. 🙂 I’d like to thank my parents, my kids, my dogs, my third-grade teacher, the guy with the red hair and orange shorts at the grocery story, the strangers who follow my blog, the bears in the woods (just because)…Elvis, The Backstreet Boys, Boney James and Kenny G for their timeless music…David, Charlotte, Eric, Trog and Einar for never vacating my head for one moment…
Oh, wow, what a great surprise. Thank you so much, Jenny! I love your blog too! ❤
You rock, Brenda. I’m really looking forward to your next blogfest!
hee hee. You’re welcome. Post it proudly on your fantastic blog!
OMG OMG OMG!!!! THANK YOU!!!
I need to stop dancing around! 🙂
Did I already say “Thank you”??? 🙂