Sandra Elaine Scott, motivational speaker, corporate trainer, and certified Dream Coach, has written a wonderful memoir about her mother entitled “In Memory of a Saint: Lessons from My Mother I Didn’t Pay Attention to Until She Died”. The book is filled with true stories that deal with the complexities of the mother/daughter relationship from a myriad of perspectives. Each story is a self-contained little lesson sent to help the reader deal with her own mother/daughter issues in a unique, caring way. These stories convey basic tenets of life that will be easy to remember and easy to apply.
As Mother’s Day is around the corner, it is only fitting to have a contest revolving around the day of tribute. Sandra has agreed to give away an autographed copy of her memoir to the person who has the best memory of his/her mother. In keeping with the theme of the book, the memory must contain some sort of lesson you learned from good old Mom.
As with all contests, there are guidelines and rules to follow:
- Subscribe to this blog.
- Blog about this contest and include a link with your entry. If you don’t have a blog, you may tweet or make a facebook status, but I’d prefer a blog.
- In 250 words or less, write the best memory you have of your mom. Remember, it has to be a memory that contains some sort of lesson you learned, no matter how big or small.
- The contest will end on Sunday, May 1, 2011.
- Sandra will judge all entries and I will announce the winner of the book giveaway on May 3, 2011.
- The autographed book will be mailed May 4, 2011 with a hopeful arrival date by May 7, 2011, just in time for Mother’s Day!
- Due to the time constraints in mailing to reach the winner by May 8, 2011, this contest is only open to US residents.
The contest is open as of right now! Have fun! I’m looking forward to reading all the stories!
I am planning on doing some more book giveaways in the months to come, so stay tuned!!!